Announcements and Important Events
Volleyball Open Gym Schedule: Summer 2018
Where? Luray Middle School
Grades: Upcoming 7-12th graders
- All girls must have current athletic physical on file in order to participate in open gyms.
- New school year VHSL physicals must be received by June 30, 2018. Previous year’s physical runs out on the 30th.
- All girls must have insurance and all necessary information listed on physical. If you are missing an item or do not have a physical, you will not be able to participate and must leave open gym.
- All girls must be a student at Luray Middle or Luray High and in good standing—including academics.
All open gyms are at Luray Middle School from:
- 7-10th graders are in Session 1 from 9:30-11:00 a.m.
- 10th – 12th graders are in Session 2 from 11:00-12:30 a.m.
June 2018: 20th, 21st, 25th, 26th, 27th
- Additional Session:
- June 27th Setter Session @ LMS from 6:00-7:30 p.m.; Coach Invite Only
July 2017: 9th, 10th, 12th, 18th (6-8 p.m.), 19th, 24th, 26th
- July 9th Setter Session @ LMS from 4-5:30 p.m.; Coach Invite Only
- BC Camp: July 15-18; Returners and Pre-registered only
- Weight Rooms:
- July 10th, 12th, 19th, 24th ,26th
- Available from 6:00-7:30 p.m. @ LMS
July 30, 2018: Try-outs at Luray High School 10:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
- Must be at try-outs to make team.
- Once teams are selected, you must attend all practices.
- Schedule all other activities around practices, such as vacations, appointments, shopping trips, other athletic endeavors, concerts, salon visits, etc.
- Unexcused/ Missed practices will result in an athlete being dismissed from the team.
- Teams will pass out monthly schedules in advance.
****All dates are subject to change or cancellation. Summer hours of buildings are something we must consider, as well as “dead periods” and gym floor refinishing.
- Gym floor at LMS to be refinished: June 28-30, 2018(approximate time frame)
- Summer Dead Period: July 1-7, 2018